Printed, plain, textured, flowered or wired. All of these are models of cheap wall decals, an essential item for anyone who wants to decorate their home or office in a practical and inexpensive way. The success of this product is so great that brands like Final Decor and Allodi have a number of incredible options.
It turns out that in the face of so many options, many doubts arise about which model to choose. If this is your case, don’t worry. From now on we will explain how to choose this accessory. These tips for help you not only to get cheap wall decals for your room but also for bathroom, drawing room, and for any area. You can get these wall decals from any online store like dhgate wholesale, Amazon or Wal-Mart.
How to Choose the Best Wallpaper
If you are looking for the best wallpaper for your home or business, know that there are several versions, with different colors, materials and sizes. But if you don’t know what to look for at the time of purchase, don’t worry, we will helps you choose the best option! Keep following.
1. First Choose the Appropriate Size, For That Take the Wall Measurements
It is very important to pay attention to the size of the paper, as it should perfectly cover your wall . First, take the measurements of your wall. Then, multiply the height by the width , or vice versa, so you will have a value in m², which indicates the size of the area to be covered.
To find the area of coverage of the paper, simply multiply the dimensions of the wallpaper, usually informed by the manufacturer on the product’s packaging. For example, a wallpaper 3.0 m wide by 2.4 m high covers an area of 7.2 m² (3 x 2.4).
That way, if the area to be coated on your wall is 10 m², you will need 2 rolls of paper. Doing this calculation can avoid problems such as lack of material. But remember, it’s important to always add an extra margin so you don’t run out of wallpaper in case something unforeseen happens.
2. Check the Material! Washable Wallpapers are more Practical
Wallpapers can be divided according to the type of material they are made of. On the market you will find 6 main types: cellulose, vinyl, vinyl, TNT, velvet and rubber. Basically what sets them apart is their durability and the type of cleaning they can receive.
- Cellulose: they have a paper texture and are the most sensitive. They should only be cleaned with a dry cloth. Because they are less resistant, they usually last approximately 3 years.
- Vinylized: must be sanitized with a dry cloth or vacuum cleaner. As they are sensitive to moisture and cannot receive heavy cleaning, they should be kept away from outdoor environments. They last an average of 5 to 6 years .
- Vinyl: they are made with PVC and have a vinyl layer on the surface, so they are super resistant and can be cleaned with a damp cloth. They last an average of 12 years.
- TNT: they are made with natural and synthetic fibers, that is, it is a paper with a fabric appearance, therefore, it guarantees a more natural finish. They can be sanitized with a damp cloth, as they are more resistant. They last up to 12 years.
- Velvet: delicate option that should be kept away from environments exposed to sunlight . The aesthetics of this wallpaper brings a more classic and refined air to environments. Cleaning should be done with a vacuum cleaner, so that the texture and feel of the touch are maintained.
- Rubberized: they can be cleaned with a damp cloth or soft sponge, as they have an EVA surface. Can be applied outdoors. They can last up to 12 years.
3. Adhesive Models Offer More Convenience in Installation
Regarding the application of wallpapers, we can divide them into two categories: self-adhesive and those that need separate glue . The first one offers more practicality, as it is enough to remove the protection and apply the paper under the wall.
However, what makes the wallpaper self-adhesive is the material used to make it, in this case vinyl. Therefore, only vinyl wallpapers have this feature . If you are looking for a non-woven paper, vinylized or made of cellulose, you will need to buy a separate glue.
4. Decide the Colors or Patterns of Your Wallpaper
More than just aesthetics, colors can influence the feeling that the environment causes in people . Therefore, it is very important to consider where the wallpaper will be applied. See below what the main shades on the market can cause in the environment.
- Pastel tones (blue, pink, purple): promote calm and mental clarity , therefore, they are suitable for children’s rooms and environments, study and work. Just be careful not to use them in excess, this will make the environment cold and melancholy.
- Vibrant tones (red, orange, yellow): promote energy, vitality, joy, creativity and dynamism. Indicated for environments where social interaction takes place (rooms, kitchens and architectural and advertising offices). In excess they cause irritation and lack of concentration.
- Gray: promotes balance and self-control, with a dose of elegance.
- Brown/ Wood: feeling of comfort and stability combined with elegance.
In addition to solid colors, you can find different types of prints, such as floral, arabesque, striped, geometric, graphics, and others . So, be sure to analyze all these points and, of course, consider your personal taste to choose the wallpaper that best suits you!