Freckles have always been the rage. They make you appear ten times cuter and who doesn’t want to have them. I know, I would love to have them. Luckily, there are a lot of ways to have fake freckles. One of the best ways is to use henna. Yes, you heard me right. Henna Freckles is extremely effective, natural, and lasts much longer than your eyeliner. You can think of it as a semi-permanent tattoo.
How to Do Henna Freckles at Home?
First things first, get your hands on good quality henna powder. My personal favorite is brown henna powder from The Henna Guys. You can select any one of your choices but make sure that the henna you choose is completely organic as you are going to put it on your face. We don’t want anything that can cause any infections and do more harm than good.
Always read the ingredients list and make sure there are no chemicals in the henna. Avoid using black henna at all costs. Now that you have chosen the best henna for freckles, it is time to prepare it.
Preparing Henna for Freckles
Empty the box in a plastic bowl and add enough water to create a thick paste. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave the henna to sit in a bowl overnight. Do not add anything extra as we are going to put this mixture on our faces.
In the morning, unwrap the bowl and fill the mixture in henna cones. Create an opening in the front of the cone with the help of a common pin. We need a very slight opening. Anything too big will ruin the look of your freckles.
How to Get Natural Freckles with Henna?
It’s time for some fun. Follow these steps and you will have beautiful, natural-looking freckles in no time at all.
- Clean your face properly. Make sure that there is no dirt and makeup on your face. Splash your face with cold water to close any open pores and pat dry.
- Remove the pin from the henna cone you made. Do not use premade cones as they are loaded with chemicals and usually have awfully dark tint.
- At this point, you might want to practice a bit and create tiny dots on paper. Once you hand is steady, go ahead and create dots on your nose and extend them to your cheeks. Make sure that the sizes of the dots are different as it creates a more natural look.
- Let the henna dry for one hour for a more natural color. Some people prefer a darker tint. In that case, leave it on a little longer.
- Gently pick of the dots until the entire henna is off your face.
- Wash it off with water.
- Wait for a period of 24 hours to reveal the final color and showoff your new freckles.
Some Tips to Keep in Mind
I know you are all excited to jump in and create your very own henna freckles but these are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Always start with a clean and dry base. Never apply henna on moist skin as it can cause henna to spread out. Moreover, if you have makeup on your skin, it can interfere with henna and cause irritation. A clean base is key to achieving beautiful skin.
- Never use premade henna cones on your face. Nobody wants bad, peeling, and dry skin at the risk of achieving freckles. Create your own henna cones so that you know what exactly is in them.
- Always do a patch test. Yes, even if you are using organic henna. If you have never used henna on your hands, it is not advised to apply it directly to your face. Apply a little bit of henna to your hands. If no irritation persists, continue with your freckle adventure.
- Choose the henna color wisely. Black indigo or red freckles won’t look great. If you go for organic henna, you will get a reddish-brown tint which is desirable. Always choose the color wisely.
- Never wash your face before picking of the henna with your hands first. It can smear henna, resulting in a very unattractive look.
Some Other Ways to Create Freckles
There are many other ways to create faux freckles but none of them last as long as henna ones. However, if you are just experimenting to see how they look, it’s worth giving them a shot.
1. Eyeliner Freckles
Grab yourself some good old brown eyeliner and start drawing away. Make sure to choose a liner with a wax consistency for most natural-looking results. Stay clear of anything that is shiny or has a peel-off texture. Dot the liner along with your nose and cheeks and gently smudge it with your hands to give it a natural look.
2. Pomade Freckles
Typically, brow gel pomade has a perfect consistency and color range to create faux freckles. Use a tiny brush and draw away. In my opinion, they look more natural than eyeliner ones and will last you through the day.
3. Felt Tip Maker
I wouldn’t personally recommend this one but I am not going to deny that a felt tip maker gives you the steadiest grip and makes the process easier. However, it is a pain to take off the marker and it is not made to be put on your face.
4. Use the Filters
If you are just creating freckles to see how they look on you before you commit to henna ones, why bother with the effort. Simply open Snapchat, Instagram or any of those amazing apps and try on a freckle filter. I mean it’s not as accurate as other methods but will give you a fairly clear idea on the look.
I hope you found this article helpful. If you have any more questions regarding henna freckles, leave them down in the comments section below and I will surely get back to you.