For those who want to return to a personal profile, we will tell you how to remove the business account in Instagram. This type of profile is designed specifically for owners of online stores and anyone who offers services from their page.
It gives the following advantages:
- addition of contact information: phone, address;
- access to statistics of social network;
- narrowly targeted advertising, thoughtful marketing.
But there are some disadvantages, and here are some of the reasons why users want to remove the business page in Instagram:
- Incorrect operation of the page due to the large number of users;
- crossposting works with errors, some entries are sent to the wrong address
- insta does not always recognize the right Facebook page;
- can’t close profile.
This is interesting: how to make igtv in Instagram will tell in another review. In the meantime, you can consider https://lowcostsmm.com, where you can get views, likes and followers on Instagram in minutes.
How to remove
After converting an account to a business profile, it can be converted back to a personal one at any time. This is easier than it seems. To convince you of this, here are the instructions on how to disable the business account in Instagram.
From your phone
To return to the personal profile from the mobile app:
- Go to your account – human icon;
- Click on the gear – the settings icon;
- Find the phrase with the word “Switch back to personal account, press;
- In the window that opens, confirm the transition.
FROM THE PC
Through the browser version of Instagram, you cannot disable the business profile, but you can use the Android emulator for Windows. We use BlueStacks.
You can find out how to make a countdown at the link.
Instructions on how to remove the business profile in Instagram from your computer:
- Open the emulator and install Instagram on it;
- Open the program and authorize in it;
- Click on the icon in the bottom right corner to go to the profile page;
- From the top, select on the three horizontal bars;
- Click on the gear, the settings will open;
- Find the “Switch back” section; Click to return;
- It remains to confirm the transition in the window that opens.
Done! Agree, nothing difficult. Learn about what it means to be the best friends in the app first in another article.
An important point – you can turn off a company’s business profile in Instagram only after the launched promotions are over.
What you lose
After deleting the business account, the user loses some features that were available before:
Statistics are reset. When the transition is made, the statistics of reach, views, and subscriber information are erased. For good. Even if you go back to the business profile again, the statistics of past publications will not be saved.
There is no way to run promotions. This is a business profile privilege.
No Contact button. Now you can’t add contact information about your organization.
Now it’s clear how to turn off a business account on Instagram. To do this, you only need to look in the settings. The transition operation can be repeated as many times as you like. But it should be kept in mind that the transition erases the statistics data. Raise profile activity quickly and safely. It’s enough to buy 100, 1000 likes for a photo or post on Instagram at https://lowcostsmm.com/buy-instagram-likes-cheap/ and you’ll see how the situation will change.
The differences and features of personal and business Instagram accounts
Let’s be clear: A company page that has successfully made sales on Instagram without a connected business profile can continue to be successful.
Instagram itself needs it to make more money from advertising. And if Facebook has business profiles that differ significantly from ordinary ones (just like Vkontakte publishers from user pages), on Instagram they “look” almost nothing different. Except that there are buttons for communication.
The thing is that business accounts have access to advanced statistic tracking. But regular users (if it’s not a blogger) don’t need it, right? That’s why companies translate their accounts to business.
Features of work
I’ve analyzed all the features of business accounts and I’m sharing my findings with you.
The benefits of a business account are:
- Availability of statistics on the accrual of subscribers in Instagram. Previously, the number of visits to the account, audience engagement and other indicators could only be tracked through special services (usually paid). Now these features are free and built into your account. You can look at which days your audience of subscribers is more active, what the number of clicks on the link from the profile, how many calls subscribers made, etc. But my advice to you is to look at the stats for a month, not for a week.
- Expanded description. Now you can add “Call” and “How to get there” buttons, which will also affect the promotion on Instagram. But again, if your audience is people 45 and older, for whom using Instagram itself is already a challenge, they simply may not understand it. That’s why I advise you to post stories with videos, where you can briefly and clearly explain to your subscribers what these buttons are, what they are for, and how to use them.
- It’s easier to run ads. From your personal account, you can’t run targeting to boost Instagram online. If you have an advertising budget and want to run and control your campaigns directly from your phone through the app, a business account is a must. The advertising interface is pretty simple and straightforward. But, again, Instagram can offer you to do everything automatically: gather the CA without your involvement. But if you want to do everything more professionally, I recommend you do your targeting setup through the Facebook account, where the functionality is more advanced.
Disadvantages of a business account:
- Facebook linking mistakes. Very often entrepreneurs on Instagram often encounter a problem with linking accounts. Sometimes it simply does not see the Facebook page, there are errors with cross-posting, etc. Nevertheless, you have to give credit that servers process tons of information from millions of users every day. Personally, I am sympathetic to this.
- There is no way to close a profile. You simply won’t convert your profile to a business if your page is closed to the public. So remember to make sure your account is public before you sign up.
- The reach is dropping. Facebook executives themselves have admitted that they are more interested in having a higher percentage of personal pages rather than business profiles in the rankings, which is frustrating for entrepreneurs. Perhaps this is so that they spend more money on advertising to promote Instagram and thereby increase their reach.
Bloggers with business accounts very often post stories to increase their reach.
- Instagram has divided profiles into personal and business accounts, then, in order to systematize its users. And for entrepreneurs to convert their accounts, it opens up expanded options.
- It only takes 5-10 minutes to connect a business profile (as long as it’s open-access).
- A business profile has both advantages and disadvantages (especially a drop in organic reach).
- The main advantages are advertising opportunities from Instagram, “Call” and “How To” buttons, and viewing stats.
- Change your profile to a business if you really need to.