It is all about pregnancy. Surrogate word is taken from surrogacy. It is like an arrangement that is supported by a legal agreement. But, it is done when a woman agrees to deliver or labor for another person or people.
Sometimes people find a surrogacy arrangement. It happens when pregnancy is medically impossible or pregnancy risks are dangerous or very high for the mother. It is also done when a single man or male couple has a desire for a baby and it is considered now one of many assisted reproductive technologies.
If the person is taking money for the arrangement. It is called commercial surrogacy. In many countries surrogacy is banned. If it is done so punishment is given by the judge. Sometimes couples travel to a jurisdiction that permits it. There are so many countries where surrogacy is legal. But it is only in one condition. If money does not exchange hands. You can See “surrogacy laws by country and fertility tourism”.
The place where surrogacy is legal. sometimes couples try to take the help of people who may help in the process of surrogacy, find the woman and convince the woman for the surrogacy. They contract with the woman for this. Sometimes these people tell about surrogate psychology. The couple keeps testing the baby to ensure that the baby is okay or not will the baby be healthy or will it be a normal delivery. The people who help in this tell about all legal matters concerning the intended parents and the surrogate.
Types of Surrogacy
Surrogacy has two types number one is traditional and number two is gestational. It can be differentiated by the genetic origin of the egg. If we talk about Gestational surrogacy. It is more common than traditional surrogacy and it is considered less legally complex than traditional surrogacy. Visit here hire a surrogate mother
Let’s talk about traditional surrogacy. It is also known as partial, natural, or straight surrogacy. It is one way to the fertilized egg by the intended father’s or a donor’s sperm.
It can be done either by sex (natural insemination) or artificial insemination. It is done by using the sperm of the donor or parents. If parents are using the sperm of a donor. So, the child is not biologically the child of the intended parent. If the sperm is used by the father so the child will be related to both.
It happened some time that insemination is done privately without knowing anyone like a doctor or physician. Some parents used donor sperm for adoption. After giving birth to a baby take the legal step of adopting the child.
Let’s talk about Gestational surrogacy. It is also known as host or full surrogacy. It was done first time in April 1986. It happened when an embryo is created by in vitro fertilization (IVF) and the technology is implanted in a surrogate. Sometimes they have to call a gestational carrier. It has many forms and the results of every form come out different.
1. The embryo is created by using the intended father’s sperm and also the intended mother’s eggs and the second method is different.
2. The embryo is created by using the intended father’s sperm and also a donor egg and the third method is different.
3. The embryo is created by using the intended mother’s egg and donor sperm. These are the method of Gestational surrogacy.
This donor embryo is transferred to a surrogate. But, the resulting child is genetically unrelated to the intended parents.
Let’s talk about history. Babylonian law and also customs have allowed this practice. It is permitted when a woman is unable to give birth. She can use the practice to avoid a divorce. In this case, it is allowed otherwise it is inevitable.
There are many developments in medicine, social customs, and legal proceedings around the world that paved the way for modern surrogacy. It started in 1936.
· In 1936- In the US There are Drug companies named are Schering-Kahlbaum and Parke-Davis. They started the pharmaceutical production of estrogen.
· In 1944- There was a Harvard Medical School professor whose name was John Rock. He became the first person to fertilize a human ovum outside the uterus.
· In1953- Researchers did successfully the first cryopreservation of sperm. It was a great success.
· In1976- there was a person whose name was a Michigan lawyer. He wrote the book which name was Noel Keane. It was the first surrogacy contract in the United States
· In1978- There was a baby whose name was Louise Brown. He was the first “test-tube baby”.He was born in England and it was the product of the first successful IVF procedure.
· In1985-1986- A woman did her first successful gestational surrogate pregnancy.
· In 2009 – There is a state name Ukraine. It is one of the most requested countries which is in Europe for this treatment. It has its first Surrogacy Law approved.
Surrogacy California Agency
This is a Surrogacy California agency. It is located in North California. They have all the facilities of it.
There are some countries like the United States, Canada, Greece, Ukraine, Georgia, and Russia. These are the countries where popular surrogacy destinations are for foreign intended parents. But, These countries cost very high so they search in India, Nepal, Thailand, and Mexico. But they have recently banned commercial surrogacy for non-residents.
How to Choose a Surrogate
But now it is hard to choose one. But experts agree on a few points and told who is best for it.
· Her age should be 21 years old.
· She had given at least one healthy baby birth.
· She had passed a psychological screening by a mental health professional so that she may uncover any issues with giving up the baby after birth.
· Sign a contract about the contract that she will look after the baby and give the baby after the birth.