Do you know that your mattress can attract millions of dust mites? It can become a home for 10million dust mites if you don’t clean it properly at least twice a year. It is always better to clean your mattress once every season to avoid this problem.
Maintaining your mattress alone is not enough if you want to keep yourself away from bacteria, dust mites, and dust. It is important to clean your pillows as well twice or thrice every year to keep yourself away from dust, dirt, bacteria, and dust mites. You should also keep your bedding as well clean. For this, you have to clean your bed sheet, pillow covers, etc at least once every week.
Steps to clean your mattress perfectly
- To clean your mattress, you should first keep a few things ready. Some of them include cleaning clothes, laundry detergent, baking soda, cold water, dish soap, and vacuum cleaner.
- Now remove everything that is on the bed like the pillow covers, bedsheets, blankets, mattress covers, etc. Put these in your washing machine to clean all of them. Experts generally recommend you wash your bedding using hot water, as this can kill the dust mites.
- Now it’s time to use your vacuum cleaner. Using the vacuum cleaner clean the surface of your mattress properly. You should also clean the sides of your mattress using a vacuum cleaner.
- Once you are done cleaning your mattress using a vacuum cleaner, now you have to use a stain remover to remove the stains on your mattress. You can either soak your mattress or apply the cleaning solution to it directly to remove the stains.
- If you think that you cannot put your mattress in sunlight then apply baking soda over the surface of your mattress as this can absorb the moisture. It can also remove the odor as well. It is better to leave the baking soda over your mattress as long as possible to improve its life and to remove the dust mites, bad odor, and moisture. It will also kill the bacteria as well. Hence, use baking soda on your mattress whenever possible frequently to maintain your mattress well neat, and clean.
- Now you should use your vacuum cleaner again to remove the baking soda from your mattress. No doubt, your mattress looks very fresh by doing this.
- Once you are done cleaning one side of your mattress completely then it’s time to clean the second side of the mattress. All you need to do is flip the mattress and repeat the above steps.
- As you are done with cleaning your mattress now, it’s time to think about its protection. Use a good mattress cover to protect your mattress from bacteria, dust, and dust mites.
Which type of mattress you should choose for summer?
Most of the mattress, which you see on market generally, retains heat. This heat can make you very uncomfortable when you sleep on your bed. This can cause difficulty in sleeping. One of the best ways to avoid this is to choose a mattress, which does not retain heat. In short, choose a cooling mattress to sleep comfortably, especially during summer.
How to choose a mattress?
Choosing a mattress can be highly confusing for most people. And, the reason behind this is a rise in the number of options. You should check mattress ratings before buying it. Some of the important things which you should take into consideration when buying a mattress are
- Quality – Quality is a very important thing that you should take care of when it comes to a mattress. Otherwise, you may end up buying a new mattress now and then.
- Size – Choose the right size when choosing a mattress. For example, if you are planning to buy a mattress for a couple then you should choose a queen-sized or king-sized mattress to sleep comfortably.
- Firmness – Buy a mattress that is firm if you are looking for some good support to your overall body while sleeping. The better the firmness the better the mattress will be. The better the mattress the better sleep you can enjoy.