The gaming industry is quite a profitable area, but fraud is more common here than anywhere else. There are many people who want to make money on online entertainment. Of course, if you opt for the top 10 online casinos Australia, they are totally safe. However, let us discover the basics of security for Australian gamers.
Types of fraud
Not only users but also online club owners suffer from fraud in AUS, according to the Australian Institute for Gambling Research. You can often hear about people who have fallen into deception by dishonest users. Sometimes even players of well-known platforms can come across those who are trying to make money on dubious schemes. There are several types of fraudulent actions performed by users:
- Misappropriation of other people’s funds. It often happens on little-known and unreliable gambling platforms, when the personal information of users and their passwords can be stolen by third parties. It is not the case with a reliable online casino in Australia because trusted operators use tough encryption and protect the personal data of players.
- Bonuses as a type of earning. This scheme is the most popular on the web. With the help of bonuses, fraudsters can make good money, especially when it comes to no-deposit bonuses.
- Exceeding limits. The essence of this type of fraud is that the fraudster registers a game account and bets despite the limits established by the provider to withdraw all earned funds in one go later.
- Selling winning strategies. Another type of fraud by users is the sale of instructions that guarantee 100% winnings. Scammers create sites where beginners are offered to buy tips on how to win. Since winning strategies are created for each popular title, such sites can make good money.
- Fake duplicate sites. They look like the official sites of popular gambling brands. When registering on such resources, players indicate their personal data, which can later be used in various fraud schemes.
In addition to fraudulent actions made by users, online fraud often occurs because of gambling clubs themselves.
How to distinguish fraudulent sites from honest and reliable online casinos in AU
Beginners need to carefully explore an online casino in Australia before registering and depositing their funds into the account. The following criteria are given by experts from OnlineCasinoAussie to distinguish a reliable and honest destination from fraudulent resources:
- the presence of a license that guarantees fair play;
- high-quality licensed gaming software from global brands;
- a favorable bonus policy with generous rewards for new and existing players and reasonable wagering requirements;
- reliable local and international payment systems for fast and secure financial transactions (bank cards, e-wallets, online banking, cryptocurrency, etc.);
- the opportunity to play not only for money but also for free;
- fast guaranteed payouts (users should receive their winnings without delays).
In addition, feedback from real players serves as an important indicator of the reliability and honesty of an online casino in Australia. Such thematic reviews along with expert assessments can be easily found on OnlineCasinoAussie.com.
Moreover, it is not superfluous to pay attention to how long the Aussie club under consideration works online. The longer it has been operating in the gambling market of Australia, the more fact-based evidence you can find about it online.