To become a certified Security Administrator, Microsoft offers to pass the Microsoft MS-500 exam. This is the only qualification test of this path that you need to deal with in order to obtain the certification. If you want to clear it with flying colors and get the passing score, you need to gain the skills and knowledge required for this track. That is why during the preparation phase, a potential candidate should master the topics covered by the exam. All the questions are derived from these domains, which is why there are certain skills that will be evaluated in these questions.
All in all, there are many skills that you need to have to complete the test successfully. Some of the skills that will help you pass the AZ-204 : Microsoft 365 Security Administration exam include the following:
- Securing Identities – This area shows that you are able to implement the Azure AD password management and group membership as well as manage and configure the identity governance;
- Implementing Authentication Methods – Performing this task showcases your ability to plan the sign-on security and device authentication methods. You will also be able to show that you know about the management and implementation processes required for the multi-factor authentication. If you have the skills in configuring the MS-500 self-service password management as well as user authentication options, it will also improve your overall result;
- Implementing Azure AD PIM – This domain means that you know how to plan for Azure Privileged Identity Management and monitor the history and alerts. Also, an interested individual has to know about the assignment of eligibility, activation of the admin roles, and management of the role assignments and requests;
- Implementing Enterprise Hybrid Threat Protection Solutions – You have to be able to plan and monitor Microsoft Defender for identity solutions as well as install, manage, and configure it;
- Implementing Microsoft Defender for Office 365 and Managing It – This section covers the ability to configure and monitor Microsoft Defender as well as conduct simulated attacks with the use of Attack Simulator;
- Securing Data Access Within Office 365 – It is important to understand the implementation and management processes for AZ-304 , configuration of the B2B sharing for the external users, and configuration of the data access in collaboration workloads;
- Managing Sensitivity Labels – Being able to plan sensitivity label solutions and configure sensitivity labels is vital for a candidate. The students need to have the skills in using sensitivity labels with OneDrive, AZ-400 , Teams, and Office apps as well.
The set of skills that you will gain after passing the exam is really diverse and you will need all of them if you want to become a certified professional. That is why you should put all your efforts into the AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals for the topics and the testing process with great deliberation. So, get the training materials that will help you during this time and lead you to success.