From gummies to capsules to beauty creams, you will find CBD everywhere. Being one of the most popular natural remedies, it has proved to be quite effective. People across the world have become aware of the many health benefits they can receive if they consume CBD every day. If you are new to CBD, how much do you know about it and how it can improve your health?
In this article, we will look at some benefits and drawbacks of using CBD every day. But first, let us understand what is CBD briefly:
What is CBD?
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the many chemical compounds present in the Cannabis Sativa plant. Marijuana is often considered a plant that makes a person high but CBD is only a component of this plant that does not make people high. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the psychoactive component present in the plant that tends to make people high.
However, CBD is known to provide several health benefits not only to humans but you can give it to your pet dog too. The demand for CBD in the health and wellness market, in the USA alone, people have spent over $360 million on CBD products since 2017. Even though most CBD products are not cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), there are many CBD enthusiasts who prefers cannabinoid over traditional medicine. Learn more about CBD dosage, uses, and guides on leafnation.com.
Benefits When You Use CBD
People are always searching for natural remedies that can help them with their physical or mental ailments. Keep in mind that CBD has proven to offer many benefits, but if you are under any other medication you must consult your doctor. Here are some of the health benefits that you will receive when you use CBD regularly:
- Heart Health – CBD products are known to improve your heart health as the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties ensure that your heart functions properly.
- Regulate Blood Pressure – CBD attaches itself to the endocannabinoid system of your body which regulates and moderates different functions of your body, including the flow of blood to your organs and muscles.
- Pain Relief – The anti-inflammation properties found in CBD help reduce any kind of swelling, joint pain, muscle pain, or even chronic conditions such as arthritis, and so on.
- Epilepsy – In 2018, FDA approved the very first CBD drug for patients who are suffering from seizures. Anticonvulsant’s properties help reduce and even treat certain seizure conditions.
- Stress and Anxiety – CBD is well known to reduce stress, anxiety, and even depression in an individual. It influences the serotonin levels in your body which promotes relaxation and calmness in your mind and body.
- Combat Insomnia – If you are struggling to sleep at night, it can improve the quality of your sleep and also improve your sleep routines.
Drawbacks When You Use CBD
It is important to note that researchers are still exploring and investigating the extent of CBD and how it can impact our lives. But this hasn’t stopped people from using CBD regularly and claim to have received many benefits. Just like any medication or supplement, there are possible risks that can influence your health as well. The most noticeable side-effects of CBD are:
- Mood changes
- Decreased appetite
There are several reasons why any of these side effects might occur. The most common reason is that people mismanage their CBD dosage. Overdose of CBD can lead to health complications and negatively influence your body.
Like any new product, make sure that you have done your research well before adding it to your diet. When purchasing CBD, make sure that you choose high-quality products as they contain little to no amount of THC.
You can purchase CBD online or at a retail store in some parts of the world, wondering about your age? This list will tell you how old you need to be to buy CBD products around the world.